I prepared some teaching resources for Maegan Fairchild's Fall 2020 PHIL 101 course at Michigan. These materials might be useful to anyone teaching personal identity, free and determinism, skepticism, and other related topics.
- Here is an annotated list of podcasts, videos, and popular writing.
- Here is a list of discussion topics and questions that push students to take the material further. These may be helpful for lesson planning.
Teaching at the University of Michgian
I'm a Graduate Student Instructor (GSI) at the University of Michigan. Here are the courses I've taught and some samples of materials I've prepared:
- Rational Choice Theory (PHIL 443) for Jim Joyce in Fall 2020
- Symbolic Logic (PHIL 303) for Jamie Tappenden in Winter 2020
- Groups and Choices (PHIL 444) for Brian Weatherson in Fall 2019
- Ethics (PHIL 361) for Dan Lowe in Winter 2019
- Law and Philosophy (PHIL 359) for Ishani Maitra in Fall 2018
Coaching Ethics Bowl
From 2017-2020, I was a coach for the Michigan High School Ethics Bowl. This involved teaching ethics and political philosophy to high school students. I coached:
- Beaverton High School in 2019-2020
- University Liggett School in 2019-2020
- Meadow Montessori School in 2018-2019
- Huron High School in 2017-2018 (semi-finalists in the state bowl!)